We’ve talked a lot in previous articles about what contributes to and causes snoring and its impact on your life if you are a snorer. Today we’re going to look more closely at some of the snoring solutions that are available. Which one is best for you?
First and foremost, you do need to address those lifestyle factors that we know contribute to snoring – including smoking, alcohol consumption, lack of exercise, overeating, being overweight, and sleeping on your back.
There is, however, an array of other non-lifestyle related snoring treatments and solutions that can provide varying degrees of relief from snoring.
There are many products and solutions that claim to alleviate snoring, however, you need to understand that some of these are not backed by clinical research or medical testing.
- Exclusive Lateral Sleep – when one sleeps on their side only, the soft palate, tongue and uvula are prevented from falling back into the throat and causing snoring. There are body pillows and sleep devices available that encourage exclusive lateral sleep.
- Elevation Pillows – to elevate the head during sleep and open the airways as a result.
- Vestibular Shield – worn in the mouth, a vestibular shield encourages the wearer to breathe exclusively through their nose while they sleep.
- Mandibular Adjustment Device – this is an appliance that is worn in the mouth during sleep. It gently repositions the lower jaw (mandible) slightly forward and this in turn also repositions the tongue. The medically-proven result is that the upper airway is opened and snoring is alleviated. SnoreMD is one such device that is available in Australia.
- Nasal Dilators – these are adhesive strips worn across the nose during sleep, and they are intended to open the nasal passages.
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) – commonly prescribed for people with obstructive sleep apnoea, the CPAP machine uses a compact air pump to deliver continuous pressurised air flow via a face mask to the person’s airways. It prevents the airway collapsing and helps to stop snoring.
- Nasal Steroids – nasal steroid sprays reduce inflammation in the nasal passages and airways, unblocking them and opening them up.
- Allergy Treatments – to minimise airway congestion.
- Surgery – in severe cases of snoring, surgery may be recommended by an ear, nose and throat specialist. This may be in a range of forms, including:
- Uvulopalatoplasty – shortening of the uvula at the back of the throat with small incisions beside it to stiffen the soft palate
- Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty – removal of all or part of the uvula, tonsils, and soft palate
- Palatal Implants – implantation of three small stiffening rods into the soft palate to prevent its collapse, which causes snoring
- Septoplasty – correction of a deviated septum to open the nasal airways
- Somnoplasty – uses radio waves to shrink the vibrating soft tissues that cause snoring
- Injection Snoreplasty – a chemical, injected into the soft palate breaks down the tissue, thus reducing its size.
Non-evidence-based remedies that have no scientific proof of alleviating snoring include acupressure bands, shock bracelets, throat sprays, and chin straps.
Why is SnoreMD the Best of Snoring Solutions?
The SnoreMD device is by far the most convenient, most cost-efficient, and most effective of all snoring solutions available today, seen by this comparison chart. It is unobtrusive, non-invasive, comfortable to use, affordable, and it significantly reduces snoring and its impact on your life for better sleep health.
An Australian company, SnoreMD is very proud to provide this medical-grade mandibular adjustment device. The innovative and revolutionary design has been developed and fine-tuned by medical scientists and design engineers. Your safety and comfort are our the primary commitment and you are assured of these when you choose SnoreMD. If you want a fast, effective, low-cost snoring solution then SnoreMD is a great choice.
See how SnoreMD works and choose SnoreMD to say goodbye to disruptive nightly snoring that disturbs your sleeping partner. You’ll sleep better, you’ll feel better, and your relationships in your home will improve!