January is the time of year where people make resolutions to actively improve or make positive changes in their life. While lots of people choose to focus on health-related goals such as losing weight, eating well or getting fit, there could be an even better goal: improving sleep.
Every January 1st, many hundreds of thousands of people adopt a New Year’s Resolution. This is an active decision made to make a positive change for the coming year – it may be to resolve an undesired behaviour, adopt a better habit, or accomplish a personal goal.
There are countless possibilities, but some common resolutions include:
- Losing weight
- Quitting smoking
- Getting fitter
- Eating better
- Working smarter
- Saving money
- Conquering a fear
- Letting go of grudges
- Being more organised
- Reducing stress
- Improving sleep
The success with which people maintain and achieve their resolutions varies widely, but setting the intention is the crucial first step!
Why Improve your Sleep?
Improving sleep can positively impact many areas of your life. Sleeping well is vital to your health and wellbeing and day-to-day functioning at your best. It can actually even be a great foundation to help you support some more of the common, traditional resolutions that many people make.
- Reduce Stress – lack of quality sleep causes elevated levels of stress hormones like cortisol in your body. by sleeping deeply and well, you can prevent these stress hormones and feel better.
- Maintain or Lose Weight – sleeping well helps regulate the hormones that affect your appetite and reduce cravings for unhealthy foods like high-calorie carbohydrates.
- Boost your Immune Function – sleep is critical for the production of proteins that fight infection. Rest is essential for recovery too – so if you’re unwell with a virus, bacterial infection, or even an injury, plenty of good quality sleep is important.
- Improve your Memory – a tired brain does not function properly. Sleeping better allows your brain to process and remember better.you will also be more alert, more productive, and more attentive with better sleep.
- Lower your Blood Pressure – elevated blood pressure increases your risk of stroke, heart attack, and other serious health issues. Sleeping well can help keep your blood pressure under control. It also lowers inflammation in the body.
Better sleep can also help you avoid diabetes, be more creative, perform better physically and mentally, have more energy, avoid accidents, manage depression, and live longer.
Make Sleeping Better Your New Year’s Resolution!
If you aren’t sleeping well, make getting a good night’s sleep your New Year’s Resolution for 2020! Sleeping better has so many holistic benefits – it has the power to make a huge change to your wellbeing, overall health, and your life. Sleeping better will also support other healthy goals to have for the future.
There are numerous factors that can impact your quality of sleep. Depending upon the cause of your own sleep issues, some simple lifestyle changes may be all you need to hit the reset button and achieve a much better quality of deep, restful sleep. These may include saying goodbye to coffee after 4 pm, turning off your mobile phone an hour before bed, eating smaller meals at night, consuming less alcohol, or getting some exercise during the day.
If snoring is part of the reason you don’t sleep as well as you should, SnoreMD is a stop snoring solution that could be very beneficial for you.
Discover SnoreMD in 2020
SnoreMD may be the answer you seek to help you improve your sleep. Developed by expert biomedical engineers and medical scientists, SnoreMD is a patented, medical-grade oral device that gently repositions the lower jaw during sleep. It has helped many thousands of people all over the world to achieve a better night’s sleep by helping to stop snoring, opening up the throat and airways in a natural way, and without using drugs to sleep or requiring surgical intervention to prevent snoring.